Belief is the death of intelligence. As soon as one believes a doctrine of any sort, or assumes certitude, one stops thinking about that aspect of existence.
Holidays & Days of Note for September 14, 2014
* The Feast of Lights (Ancient Egypt) Lights were left burning all night before images of the Gods and Goddesses and the tombs of the dead.
* National Cream-Filled Doughnut Day (U.S.) or donut, whichever.
* National Pet Memorial Day Second Sunday in September.
* Hindi Day (India) The Constituent Assembly adopted Hindi as the Official Language on this day in 1949.
Holidays & Days of Note for September 13, 2014
* Programmers’ Day, (Russia and programmers around the world)
* International Chocolate Day (worldwide) good grief, It was chocolate milkshake day just yesterday!
* All-Soul’s Day (Ancient Egypt) when Goddess Nephthys, the “dark Isis” and female counterpart of Set was honored.
* Epulum Jovis (Ancient Rome) Held in honor of Jove.
* Defy Superstition Day
* Fortune Cookie Day
* National Peanut Day
* Positive Thinking Day
The above four probably the U.S., if anywhere at all.
"I asked him [Israel Regardie] why people in occult circles are so paranoid. He said it’s because they activate the forehead (ajna) chakra before the heart chakra."
A nice little minute and a half clip of Robert Anton Wilson discussing the opening of the Heart Chakra and Occult Paranoia.
Holidays & Days of Note for September 12, 2014
* National Chocolate Milkshake Day
* National Pet Memorial Day
* Video Games Day all in the U.S.
It was on this day in 1823 that John Smith claims that he was contacted by the angel Moroni and given the book of Mormon.
Holidays & Days of Note for September 8, 2014
* International Literacy Day (International)
* Pardon Day (U.S.) The roots of this day go back to September 8, 1974. On this day, newly installed President Gerald Ford issued a Presidential Proclamation pardoning President Richard M. Nixon of any wrong doing related to the Watergate scandal.
* Feast of the First Stardate (Trekism) it was on this day in 1966 that Star Trek was first aired on NBC in America.
* Date Nut Bread Day (U.S.) there is also one on December 22nd.
Star Tetrahedron - Jamie Lee
Here we find the cosmic initiate pondering the significance of the sacred geometric shape known as the Star Tetrahedron. Within this three dimensional shape lies the energy and knowledge that holds all life together. From the energy field that surrounds the body, all the way down to the bonds between electrons, atoms and sub atomic particles, are tetrahedral in nature. The Tetrahedron is the first of five geometric shapes in nature that have face, edges and angles that are all congruent. The first is the three-sided pyramid known as the Tetrahedron and when two Tetrahedrons merge together; one pointing up and the other down, a Star Tetrahedron is formed, also known as a Merkaba. ‘Mer’ means light, ‘Ka’ means spirit, ‘Ba’ means body, Mer-Ka-Ba means the spirit body or radiant body surrounded by counter-rotation fields of light, a spinning vortex of energy as DNA, transporting the spirit/body from one dimension to another. Merkaba is a divine light inter-dimensional vehicle used by ascended masters to connect with and communicate with those in other dimensions of light. The initiate by pondering the mysteries of life exerts a subtle influence on the evolution of our potential. By practicing being awake and aware of one’s self and surroundings, while receiving impressions in the process, increases the spin of electrons within his nervous system and organ of higher consciousness. This increase in spin can go faster than the speed of light and can exit time altogether, bringing more and more form to his radiant light body. For he is using life to gain impressions that enrich the complexity of his being while strengthening his spiritual power.
Holidays & Days of Note for August 30, 2014
* International Day of the Disappeared.
* National Toasted Marshmallow Day (U.S.)
* Frankenstein Day (???) So named in honor of the birthday of Mary Shelley, 1797
* It was on this day in 1146 that a conference of European leaders outlawed the crossbow, thinking to end war for all time. Nice try.
Holidays & Days of Note for August 29, 2014
* International Day against Nuclear Tests (international)
* More Herbs, Less Salt Day (U.S.)
* First day of the month of Thoth and the New Year (Ancient Egypt)
* Chop Suey invented in America in 1896.
* 70 years later, in the same city, the Beatles give their last public concert at Candlestick Park in San Francisco, the two events however are not otherwise related.
Holidays & Days of note for August 25, 2014
* Liberation Day (Paris) WW II over for France.
* Opiconsivia (Ancient Rome) Another festival held in honor of Ops, Opis or Opus, fertility goddess of Sabine and by Saturn the mother of Ceres.